Prepared by the faculty of the National Emergency Airway Management Course, this manual is an expert, practical guide to emergency airway management in any adult or pediatric patient. It offers step-by-step instructions on techniques, drug administration, and prevention and management of complications and includes a complete section on difficult clinical scenarios. The book is packed with easy-to-follow algorithms and diagrams and helpful mnemonics.
Each of the Third Edition's chapters includes improved full-color illustrations and updated evidence-based analyses of procedures. A new section geared to the prehospital setting presents current National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians guidelines, including alternative airway devices.
- Item Weight:1.7 pounds
- Paperback:461 pages
- Product Dimensions:7 x 0.5 x 10 inches
- Publisher:Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 3rd Edition (May 1, 2008)
- Best Sellers Rank:#2,273,907 in Books
- #356 in Pulmonary & Thoracic Medicine
- #462 in Critical Care Medicine
- #564 in Pulmonary Medicine